Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Great crock pot dinner.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 lbs skinless boneless turkey breasts, cut into 2 x 1/2 inch slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- hot cooked couscous
- Combine all ingredients (except couscous) in crock pot.
- Cook on LOW for 8 hours (HIGH 4 hours).
- Serve over couscous.
Made for Freezer Tag March 2008. I hate giving recipes bad reviews, but we did not like this at all. I followed the recipe exactly. I put the turkey and sauce ingredients in a ziplock bag and froze. I then thawed and cooked in the crock pot. I was worried 8 hours would be too long because I only cook bone in chicken breasts about 3 hours. I put this one for 2.5 hours. The turkey was rubbery and over cooked. Unfortunately, the sauce didn't have enough flavor to make up for it either. Sorry, I really wanted it to be good because with the couscous it was only 6 WW pts per serving.