Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Old family recipe that is fairly easy to make.
Make and share this Aepfelkratzet (Apple Scramble) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- sugar, to taste
- 3 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 7 tablespoons butter
- sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Combine the flour, eggs, milk, and a bit of sugar and salt, and stir into a smooth dough.
- In a skillet, melt the butter and lightly saute the apples.
- Pour the dough over the apples.
- Cover skillet with a lid and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Once you see steam escaping the skillet, reduce heat to medium-low, and continue cooking for 10 minutes. Do not lift the lid during this time! Remove from heat and allow to stand with the lid on for 15 minutes before serving. This should be enough time to cook the dough.
- Dust with sugar, and serve.
I did not have any success with this recipe. It was very "Mushy". Maybe better directions would help???