Recipe by sonnyu28
This is a yummy torte (German cake with whipped cream) easy to make and very pretty. Perfect for the special occasion since its easy to write on top of the advokaat with whipped cream.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces butter (100g)
- 3 1⁄2 ounces sugar (100g)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar (1 package)
- 8 7⁄8 ounces hazelnuts (250g) or 8 7⁄8 ounces almonds, chopped (250g)
- 4 1⁄2 ounces chocolate (finely grated)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons Dr. Oetker Whip It (1 package)
- 17 ounces heavy whipping cream (0.5l)
- 6 ounces advocaat (Advocaat (German Eierlikor) from BecR)
Directions See How It's Made
- mix ingredients 1-8 to a dough (use advokaat instead of the rum if you like).
- beat egg whites until stiff and carefully mix to the dough by hand with a spatula
- bake in a round 9 inch springform for approx 40 min at 350F and let cool
- whip heavy whipping cream with the whip cream aid and spread onto the cooled cake (approx 1/2 hight of cake bottom). Do not spread onto the sides of the cake to give a nice black and white pattern.
- Place whipped cream dots tightly around the perimeter of hte whipped cream top to form a sort of wall around the cake.
- pour approx 6 shot glasses of advokaat into the middle of the cake. Be mindful that non of the advokaat seeps through at the edges.