Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Chipotle chiles, cumin, and lime juice give Mexican flavor to marinated and grilled steak. Perfect for a backyard barbecue. Leftovers make excellent additions to quesadillas or fajitas.
- 1 lime, juice of
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 29.58 ml finely chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- adobo sauce, from canned chipotle pepper
- 4 (907.18 g) beef sirloin steaks
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, mix the lime juice, garlic, oregano, and cumin. Stir in chipotle peppers, and season to taste with adobo sauce.
- Pierce the meat on both sides with a sharp knife, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and place in a glass dish. Pour lime and chipotle sauce over meat, and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Lightly brush grill grate with oil. Place steaks on the grill, and discard marinade. Grill steaks for 6 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.