Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adobo is a very popular marinade for pork and other meats in the Spanish-speaking Caribbean and Central America. The ingredients vary widely, but most have a base of oil, garlic and some type of acidic ingredient.
- 6-8 garlic cloves
- 14.79-29.58 ml paprika
- 14.79 ml salt
- 1 jalapeno peppers (optional) or 1 other chili pepper (optional)
- 118.29 ml oil
- 78.07 ml red wine vinegar
- Place all the ingredients together in a blender or food processor and process until fairly smooth.
- Use as a marinade for pork, chicken or beef.
- Meats flavored with adobo are often left to marinate for up to 5 days. The longer the time, the better the flavor.
- Substitute 1-2 dried ancho or other chilies for the paprika to get a Mexican-style marinade.
- Soak the chilies in hot water for about 20 minutes to soften first.
This is a very flavorful marinade! I used it on 2 large pork steaks and let it marinate it for 4 days. I didn't add the jalapeno since we do not eat a lot of spicy foods, but next time I made add a little...Made for ZWT 7-THE HOT PINK LADIES.