Recipe by VickyJ
Great lunch or dinner, if you're craving something on the sweet side and hearty. And, this is good for you! Serve with a small salad or steamed vegies.
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup prune, pitted & chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup dried apple
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom, ground
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 acorn squash, halved & seeded
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted & chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place couscous in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Bring apple juice to a boil in a small saucepan & pour over the couscous. Cover & set aside until the juice is absorbed.This will take 15 minutes.
- Stir in the fruit, apple juice concentrate, cardamom & maple syrup. Set aside.
- Steam squash halves until tender, about 15-30 minutes (depends on the size of the squash). Drain & place on a baking sheet. Preheat oven to 350°F Fill squash halves with the couscous mixture & bake for 20 minutes. Top with pecans & serve.