Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This risotto is easy and fairly quick after you peel and cut up the squash. Good healthy alternative. Could be used as a main meal or a side dish
- 1 small squash or 1 small butternut squash or 1 small acorn squash, your favorite
- 1 3⁄4 cups 10 Minute brown rice
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 vegetable stock cube (or chicken if you prefer)
- 2 cups water or 2 cups white wine, approximately
- pepper, to taste
- Chinese five spice powder, to taste
- Peel the squash and cut into 1" cubes.
- Put them under the broiler to toast.
- Boil the rice with liquid and flavoring.
- Heat up a large fry pan and scold the mixed veg on it with no liquid.
- When the squash is browned to your taste put it in the microwave with a couple of spoons of water and zap until tender- takes about 4.
- 5 minutes.
- While the squash is zapping mix the cooked rice in with the mixed veg.
- Stir in whatever seasoning you feel like using.
- it should now be on a low heat- just to keep everything warm.
- When the squash is done toss it in and mix it up- and serve.
- Salt or soy sauce or whatever to taste.
- it took about 15-20 mins to do.
Not a good squash recipe lacked a definate flavor. Look more like the trash then an edible meal