Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Isn't this a great name? And it's a great recipe, simple uncomplicated ingredients. I found this on the Rock and Roll Chef website; he deserves all the credit. He does have some winners there. Half of this recipe was plenty for a lb. of shrimp. Use the sherry; it does add to the flavor. You might want to alter the amount of cayenne according to your personal taste. I used the other half of the crumb mix later in the week on cod. Also very good.
- 453.59 g shrimp (Peel & Devein)
- 118.29 ml butter
- 236.59 ml breadcrumbs (fine & dry, try panko for more crunch)
- 78.07 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 2.46 ml salt
- 44.37 ml lime juice
- 22.18 ml dry sherry
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper, maybe less
- parsley (optional)
- Put shrimp in a baking pan.
- In a bowl combine the butter, bread crumbs, cheese, salt, cayenne, lime juice, and sherry.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over shrimp.
- Bake at 325° for 25 minutes, or until shrimp is cooked and the topping is goldeny brown.
- Also good as a starter, but very rich.
I wanted to serve this as a main dish and ended up serving over Udon noodles which made for a great entree.