Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve hot with Plain Rice and Chapati Roti
Make and share this Achari Gosht recipe from Food.com.
- 400 g skinless chicken
- 5 whole red chilies (Lal Mirch, more or less may be used depending on taste preferance.)
- 3 tomatoes, cut into cubes
- 3⁄4 cup onion (pureed)
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste (Pisi Adrak)
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste (Pisa Lehsan)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed (Saabut Zeera)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds (Rai)
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds (Kalonji)
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (Methi)
- 5 cloves (Loung)
- 1 teaspoon anise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder (Pisi Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (Pisi Lal Mirch)
- salt (to taste)
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 4 cups water
- 4 tablespoons oil
- In a dish whisk the plain yogurt with one liter of water.
- heat the oil until hot,now Add to the ginger paste, garlic paste, onion puree, cloves, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, nigella seeds, fenugreek seeds and aniseeds. And fry on high heat for 8 minutes.
- Then mix in the red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt and fry for another 2 minutes.add tomatoes and cook 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken, whole red chillies and curd water mixture and cook for about 15 minutes, or until well done.