Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
You can put this easy rice dish together in minutes
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice
- 1⁄2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine tomato sauce water and chili powder in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a full boil.
- Stir in rice.
- Cover remove from heat and let stand for 10 mins.
- Sprinkle with tortilla chips and cheese.
This recipe came together very easily and very quickly - nice for nights when you don't have the time to make a rice dish the old fashioned way. This unfortunately did not go over as well as expected - it came out a little too dry and a bit too tomato-ey. I think perhaps I would also have enjoyed this a bit more with salsa or seasoned canned tomatoes, rather than the tomato sauce, to give it more of a flavor boost. I am very sorry, I did expect to really enjoy this more.