Recipe by AcadiaTwo
Most chicken parmesan that I have had in restaurants have always been made from a boneless chicken breast that was flattened with a mallet, with a dollop of mozzarella cheese and sauce. With this recipe, I have chosen instead to use boneless chicken tenderloins, with a generous amount of mozzarella and sauce. This is one of my Dad's favorite recipes and he requests it every year for his birthday celebration. I serve it with fresh NJ sweet corn, ratatouille and garlic bread. It is a wonderful feast!
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Acadia, this is simply wonderful in every-way. I followed this exactly, and it was an ease to prep, and then on to the table in literately minutes. This was so perfect after a busy Saturday, and so heart and soul warming. I followed this exactly, except used my own canned sauce from the garden this summer. Lovely! Thank you, Acadia!
- 12 boneless skinless chicken breasts (tenderloins)
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Wisk eggs and milk together in bowl for 1 minute.
- Place the bread crumbs in another bowl or a.
- plastic bag.
- Dip the the chicken in the egg/milk mixture and then.
- coat it with the bread crumbs.
- In a skillet on medium high heat brown the coated chicken in the olive oil (par-cooking it).
- Then place the par-cooked chicken in a 9”x12”x2” baking dish in a.
- single layer.
- Cover the chicken with the mozzarella cheese, then the spaghetti sauce.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of the sauce.
- In a 350° F oven bake for 30-minutes (uncovered).