Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is out of an old church cookbook, who can pass up cheese and bacon together? I love this on baked potatoes.
- 1⁄2 cup toasted chopped almonds
- 3 slices crispy bacon, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all the ingredients well and put in a serving bowl, Use as a dip or spread for crackers or chips.
My coworker brought this for a pot luck and it was gone in minutes. It's absolutely fantastic. When I make it, I use 4oz of softened cream cheese in addition to the mayo, and I grate a shallot instead of the onion. Gives it a nice, mild flavor. I've had countless people ask me for the recipe and am so glad that people love it as much as we do!
I have been looking for this recipe. It is an old fashioned recipe but it is a keeper.