Aarti Sequeira, Indian cooking expert and host of Aarti Party on Food Network, shares specialty recipes for a weight-loss boost.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces quality dark chocolate, coarsely chopped (do not use chocolate chips)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pinch kosher salt (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala, recipe follows
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt, for sprinkling (optional)
- 1Fill a small saucepan a third of the way with water. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer.
- 2Place a glass bowl over the top of the saucepan, to create a double boiler, make sure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl.
- 3Add the chocolate, coconut oil and a pinch of salt. Stir until the chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth and silky.
- 4Off the heat, add the ginger and garam masala. Stir until well combined. Allow to cool slightly and then ladle a little over a scoop of ice cream.
- 5Sprinkle lightly with coarse sea salt, if using and ginger. Wait about 30 seconds for the chocolate to harden and then enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aarti Sequeira's Magic Dark Chocolate Shell With Garam Masala An
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.5
- Calories from Fat 344
- Total Fat 38.2 g
- Saturated Fat 25.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 63.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 7.9 g