Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A sweet egg pudding using mashed potatoes. Given to the bride.
- 2 lbs potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 8 large eggs, well-beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence or 1 teaspoon almond essence or 1 teaspoon lemon essence
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 4 tablespoons butter
- nutmeg (1 good grating)
- sliced almonds
- Prehest oven to 350 degrees.
- To the potatoes add eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla, almond or lemon essence and zest. Put dabs of butter on top and top with a good grating of nutmeg or almond slices.
- Bake in a lightly buttered casserole dish for 30 minutes till lightly browned.
this smelled really good as it was baking but after tasting i found that i didnt care for the flavors. sorry :( . made for zwt4.