1/1 Photo of Aarsi’s Ultimate Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 hr 20 mins
Aarsi's Kitchen's Note:
Homemade cream of mushroom soup beats the canned variety any day. It is thick and creamy texture lets you know that this is going to be good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a soup pot, heat butter and olive oil.
- 2Add scallions and onion. Cook until translucent.
- 3Add mushrooms and salt. Salt will help release the moisture from the mushrooms and aid in cooking. Cook until the mushrooms become tender.
- 4Add the all purpose flour to create a roux. Cook to get rid of the raw flour flavor. Keep stirring to avoid sticking.
- 5Add water and cream. Stir to combine and place the lid. Cook until a boil.
- 6Switch off the gas and remove the soup pot. With the help of a hand blender, blend this mixture until smooth.
- 7Place the soup pot back on the stove, place the lid and bring to a boil.
- 8Garnish with ½ Tsp of grated Parmesan cheese or chopped chives.
- 10Feel free to use a blend of button and creamini mushrooms.
- 11A slice of fresh, toasted baguette compliments it to perfection.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aarsi’s Ultimate Cream of Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.5
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 89.1 mg
- Sodium 637.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g