Recipe by sixxchick_10557692
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. This zesty combination of ingredients make this hot potato mix a great side. Substitute this for potato salad at your next barbecue!
Top Review by sam.tingle
I was lucky enough to attend the BBQ this past weekend where these A1 Zesty Potatoes were served. They were umm umm good. I also overheard someone enquiring about the ingredients. Nice little twist on the standard sides expected at a BBQ.
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansdiced new potatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 cup fried onions
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside on paper towels to drain excess grease. Remove grease from pan, reserving 1 tablespoon.
- 2. Place potatoes in hot bacon grease and fry for 5 minutes until heated thoroughly. Remove hot potatoes from heat and place in a large serving bowl.
- 3. Crumble bacon and add to potatoes along with fried onions, walnuts, mayonnaise, goat cheese, A1 steak sauce, mustard and salt. Mix until ingredients are thoroughly combined and cheese is melted.