Recipe by fuzzbuzz
A soothing and comforting soup; quick to make wonderful as a warmer on a cold day or for those not feeling too good and needing a pick-me-up.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large leek, well-washed, white parts only, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1 parsnip, peeled and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 ounces fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 4 ounces fresh spinach leaves, rinsed and coarsely chopped (large handful)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil and add the leeks, carrot, potato, parsnip, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat about 5 minutes. Add stock and salt to taste, then bring to a simmer.
- Simmer soup, partially covered, for about 5 minutes, then stir in parsley and spinach. Simmer, partially covered, about 5 more minutes. Add pepper to taste and serve piping hot.
- Use as is or puree both ways are good with very little effort.