Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
When I was little my Mom took us to A&W and this was my favorite burger. The sauce seems to have changed so this is the newer version. Ok the computer took the first one back so instead of salad dressing and barbecue sauce put 1 tablespoon Thousand Island dressing; this is how I remember it in the early '60s. There wasn't as much barbecue sauce as there is now.
- Toast hamburger bun on griddle.
- Cook burger; make thin.
- Sprinkle with Lawry's seasoned salt.
- Cook bacon in same pan as burger.
- Put cheese on burger.
- Put bacon on top of cheese until cheese melts.
- Squirt ketchup, mustard on bottom bun.
- Put on onions, pickles, tomato, and lettuce.
- Put cooked burger on top of lettuce.
- On top bun put salad dressing mixed with barbecue sauce.
Yum! This brought back great memories of my childhood. I don't think that we have any A&W places around here any more. I did use the dressing and barbecue sauce, but only had a few drops of barbecue sauce left. Great burger. Thanks Dee for a great meal. Made for Went to the Market Tag.