Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Delicious magazine. A good way to use up those hard boiled eggs from Easter, but we like this at other times too.
- 6 medium eggs
- 400 g potatoes, cut into medium dice
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 3 cardamom pods, seeds of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed dried chili
- 15 g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 medium onions, finely diced
- 3 celery ribs, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons passata
- 284 ml double cream
- coriander leaves, to garnish
- Cook eggs in boiling water 8 minutes. Drain and cool slightly, then shell and set aside.
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water 6 minutes or until tender but not falling apart. Drain and set aside.
- Grind coriander, cumin and cardamom seeds in a pestle and mortar and mixt with the ginger, turmeric and chilli.
- Heat a large deep frying pan over medium heat and dry fry spices 1 minute. Add butter and oil, then garlic, onions and celery. Fry 10-12 minutes until they start to brown.
- Add potatoes, passata and cream to the pan and gently warm through. Season to taste. Quarter the eggs. Divide the curry between plates, placing eggs on top. Garnish with coriander.