1/1 Photo of A Vegan Soup Concoction!
1 hr 20 mins
for the love of veggies's Note:
This is your typical "kitchen-sink" concoction of vegetables in a smooth, yet peppery broth. I came up with this when I couldn't find a recipe that called exactly for the things I had on hand. This is one of my favorites. A great soup to make a huge batch of and freeze for a quick lunch or dinner.
My Private Note
2 cup s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 zucchini, sliced into half-moon shapes
- 3 quarts water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 1/2 cups canned black beans
- 1/3 cup long grain brown rice, uncooked
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen carrots
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup fresh kale, chopped
- 1Heat olive oil on medium-high heat in large soup pot.
- 2Add onion, garlic, and zucchini and sauté until onion is tender.
- 3Add water, nutritional yeast, bay leaf, sea salt, pepper, red pepper flakes (if using), and fennel seed. Stir well.
- 4Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- 5Boil for a few minutes and then reduce heat to simmer.
- 6Simmer for at least an hour, but you may simmer longer, if desired.
- 7Note: Depending on your taste, you may need to add more salt than indicated above. I make my soups low-sodium and add salt, if needed, when I'm eating it.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A Vegan Soup Concoction!
Serving Size: 1 (676 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.7
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 661.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 10.7 g