Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Use any meat you want. This is a nice basic recipe. Garnish as you please: mango, peach, orange, grapes...use your imagination.
- 44.37 ml butter
- 4 piece meat (veal, pork, chicken or duck)
- 29.58 ml minced onions
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 118.29 ml orange juice
- 118.29 ml chicken stock
- 59.14 ml orange liqueur
- 4.92 ml grated orange rind
- salt & pepper
- 1 orange, peeled & sliced
- In skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter and brown your chosen meat on both sides.
- Remove and set aside.Melt remaining butter in skillet; add onion and cook until softened. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Mix together cornstarch and orange juice; stir into skillet along with stock, liqueur and orange rind. Bring to boil, stirring, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Return chops to skillet; reduce heat, cover and simmer about 5 minutes or finish in broiler.
- Top with sliced orange and your chosen garnish.
- Simmer for 1-2 minutes, basting occasionally with sauce.