Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
ABC stands for Apples, Bananas and Carrots which are the main ingredients that go into making this lovely pudding. I found this recipe while looking through the 'What's Cooking' column of Thursday(Feb 19-25'04) issue. It was submitted by Diana P. Cherian. Hope you enjoy it!
- 1 kiwi fruit
- 2 cups grated fresh carrots
- 1 cup grated fresh apple
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2 cups powdered milk (I use the Nido brand)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 teaspoons cashews
- Heat ghee in a heavy saucepan.
- Toss in the cashewnuts and stir-fry on low flame.
- In another pan, mix together the milk powder with a cup of water to form a smooth paste.
- Add the grated apple, carrot and the mashed banana.
- Let them cook on low flame in milk.
- Then, stir in the sugar.
- You will notice that the consistency initially is watery.
- However, slowly once it starts cooking, the consistency will get dry.
- Stir in the ghee and you'll see the mixture turn a fairly dry golden-brown mass.
- Mix in the fried cashews and the cardamom powder.
- Garnish with slices of fresh kiwi fruit, sliced banana and sliced apples.
- Serve hot.