Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
clearly a recipe loved by many people :)
Make and share this A Friend of a Friend of a Friend's Chocolate Bourbon Banana Brea recipe from Food.com.
- 3 -4 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1⁄3 cup melted salted butter
- 3⁄4-1 cup packed brown sugar (depending on the level of sweetness you prefer, I always use the smaller amount)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, vanilla and bourbon, then the spices. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix inches Add the flour last, mix. Finally stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 4×8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to one hour, or until a tester comes out clean. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.
Very tasty, but a tad too sweet (I used the lower amount of sugar) with the chocolate chips. I liked the bourbon flavor, so I will make this again and just leave out the chocolate, and maybe sub some pecans. Baking time was right on, and bread turned out quite moist.
This is delicious without doubt. I used Frangelico in place of the bourbon just because I like it a lot more. I used 4 big bananas and I got a bread that was a bit too moist and a touch on the heavy side. I think that 3 might be a better choice in this recipe. Having said that this gives you flavor to write home about and make you want to hide it in the pantry to keep all for yourself! :D
I cut down the sugar to just under 1/2 cup and used dark chocolate chips.<br/>Everything else was as per the recipe, and the baking time was spot on for me also.<br/>Love the Bourbon flavour in this recipe and this bread texture was just right, not too moist and not too dry...if that makes sense.<br/>Enjoyed very much by this family. Thanks sofie-a-toast great recipe.<br/>Made for ZWT9 Cajun/Creole cooking.