Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I can never make a dish exactly like the recipes calls for. I altered one that was printed in the Kraft Foods magazine and came up with this. It works great for diabetics or weight watchers. Wonderful for summertime. You can make this as low fat, or not, as you want.
- 1 frozen deep dish pie shell
- 2 cups sugar-free Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box fat-free sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups half-and-half cream or 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Splenda granular
- Mix strawberries with the 1/4 cup Splenda, let set until juice forms.
- Mix cinnamon and remaining Splenda.
- Sprinkle on uncooked pie crust.
- Bake at 450°F for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix pudding and milk with wire whisk until well blended, about 2 minutes.
- Gently stir in cool whip to pudding mixture. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spread mixture into cooled pie crust.
- Top with strawberry mixture. Note, do not drain juice from strawberries.
- Keep refrigerated.