Chef mariajane's Note:
What a delightful cake - anyone would enjoy having this for their Birthday cake!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 510 g package devil's food cake
- 3 eggs
- 314.66 ml water
- 44.37 ml crisco vegetable oil or 44.37 ml canola oil
- 1892.72 ml vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 236.59 ml smucker's chocolate fudge topping
- 236.59 ml smucker's strawberry jam or 236.59 ml raspberry jam
- 118.29 ml smucker's sundae syrup (Chocolate or Caramel)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Spray two 13x9-inch cake pans with cooking spray and set aside.
- 2Beat cake mix, eggs, water and oil on low speed for 30 seconds to blend, then on medium speed for 2 minutes. Divide batter into greased pans.
- 3Bake in centre of preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until set. Remove cakes from pan and cool completely.
- 4Line the bottom and two sides of one pan with waxed paper.
- 5Spread half of the softened ice cream evenly across the bottom of the pan. Spread Smucker's Topping evenly on top of the ice cream layer.
- 6Place first cake on top of the ice cream and chocolate layer. Spread remaining softened ice cream evenly on top of the cake layer.
- 7Spread Smucker's jam evenly on top of the remaining cake layer. Flip the jam covered covered layer of cake on top of the ice cream layer in pan.
- 8Freeze for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- 9To serve, loosen the edges of the cake with a hot knife, and flip and unmold onto a serving tray. Decorate the cake for birthdays or other special occasions with Smucker's Sundae syrup.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A Birthday Ice Cream Sundae Cake
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.6
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 95.6 mg
- Sodium 204.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 51.0 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: