Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe on the About.com Kosher Food website while looking for something yummy to serve for Tu B'Shevat. I gave serving sizes but really just use your best judgement and tastes as to how much of this or that you need. The origional recipe didn't list measurements at all.
- 10 ounces baby lettuce
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only
- 6 figs, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 2 dates, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar, I like white
- honey (if you'd like the dressing to be sweeter) (optional)
- barley wheat crouton (*)
- * If you can't find the croutons you can make them by cutting barley and wheat bread into chunks and brush or toss with olive oil and bake in a low oven until crisp.
- Toss all except oil, vin and honey in a bowel.
- Mix together dressing ingredients. Adjust oil and vin to your taste and add honey if desired.
- Toss with salad.
- Serve at once.