Recipe by Mona
This has been a favorite for years in my family.A must at any gathering or party I am at,or else I'm in trouble.Feel free to add whatever veggie you have on hand.Tastes good no matter what.
Top Review by Beth Poast
This was one of my Mom's favorites! Nice to see it again. I have made it a little differently, layering lettuce, green pepper, onion, celery, and then peas. The peas should be last because they help to "seal" off the lettuce from the dressing. I then "frosted it with Hellman's mayonnaise mixed with about 1 TBS. sugar. Then top with grated cheddar cheese and the bacon on top. Leftovers will keep in the frig for a day or two.
- 1 head lettuce (cleaned and tore into bite size pieces)
- 1 small onion (sliced into thin rings)
- 1⁄2 bag frozen peas (thawed)
- 1 green pepper (cleaned and sliced thin into strips)
- 1⁄2 lb bacon (fried,drained and crumbled)
- 2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1 (8 ounce) bagshredded cheddar cheese
- seasoning salt
- Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Use 9 x 13 pan place in layers lettuce,onion,gr.
- Spread miracle whip on top to seal.
- You can use more or less to suit your taste (my family likes it thick).
- Sprinkle cheese on top of miracle whip.
- Then sprinkle the seasoned salt and Mrs. Dash according to taste.
- Chill for several hours or overnight.