Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This was in our local paper at Passover time. I like to taste different charoset and this definitely has a twist. Times are guesstimates.
- Place all ingredients, except jam and wine, into a heavy pot.
- Add water to cover contents by about 2 inches and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally with wooden spoon.
- Add water, as needed, so that mixture does not stick to pot.
- Cook for at least 60 minutes or until ingredients have come together.
- Stir in cherry jam.
- Let stand until cool.
- Add sweet wine to be absorbed by the mixture.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Used the almonds, dried Fuji apple chunks & substituted some red grape juice for the red wine! We enjoyed this very much & will be making it again ~ I'm looking for a time when I can make it with the wine, but for the moment, it's a non-alcoholic version! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Newest Zaar Tag]