Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are so good! Try experimenting by using different flavors of kool-aid. I'm not sure of the exact serving size, but I think it made about 4 glasses.
- 2 cups club soda, chilled
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kool-aid cherry powdered drink mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maraschino cherry juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups crushed ice
- Combine 1 cup of club soda, sugar, cherry powder and the cherry juice in a blender until completely mixed.
- Add the crushed ice and process until blended smooth.
- Pour cherry mixture into a pitcher and add the remaining club soda.
- Stir just to mix then pour into glasses.
Definitely something different from our usual cold drinks I make (mostly smoothies & shakes), but still flavorful & satisfying! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook recipe tag]
This recipe was created by Todd Wilbur for his book entitled "Top Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits, & Shakes" (Penguin/Putnam 2002)
tasted good, but for a more "slurpee like" texture, blend your sugar, club soda, and Kool-aid first, then pulse the ice in last.