1/3 Photos of 6-Minute Raspberry Jam (With Variations)
You won't need a heavy saucepan, Mason jar, pectin, or paraffin to make these flavorful jams. Packed with chunks of fruit, they're a snap to make 0 with a little help from your microwave. Although these quick jams are made in small quantities, the mixture does bubble up in the microwave, so be sure to use a 6-cup bowl. Also, remember that doubling or tripling a microwave recipe changes the cooking time significantly. Once you've whipped up some jam, transfer it to a covered small container.. Refrigerated, it will keep for several weeks.
My Private Note
- 1Mix berries and sugar in 6-cup microwave-proof bowl. Microwave uncovered on HIGH 6 minutes. Let cool slightly. Transfer to jar and refrigerate covered.
- 2For Blueberry Jam: puree 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries and mix with 1/4 cup sugar. Proceed as above. (Makes 3/4 cup).
- 3For Peach Jam: pit and coarsely puree 2 medium or 3 small ripe peaches (about 12 oz.); mix with 1/4 cup sugar. Proceed as above. (Makes 1-1/4 cups).
- 4For Strawberry Jam: coarsely puree 1-1/2 cups hulled fresh strawberries; mix with 1/4 cup sugar. Proceed as above. (Makes 1-1/4 cups).
- 5For Blackberry Jam: puree 1-3/4 cups fresh blackberries; mix with 1/4 cup sugar. Proceed as above. (Makes 2/3 cup).
- 6For Citrus Marmalade: quarter, seed, and coarsely puree 1 each medium lemon and lime; mix with 3/4 cup sugar. Proceed as above. (Makes 1-1/2 cups).
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 6-Minute Raspberry Jam (With Variations)
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.1
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 113.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.9 g
- Sugars 89.1 g
- Protein 3.8 g