1/3 Photos of 6 Layer Dreamy Chocolate Mousse Cake- Paula Deen
1 hr 23 mins
Chez Michelle's Note:
I made this for a couple of birthday parties-- amazing! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- dreamy chocolate mousse mix (Makes about 4 1/2 cups)
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- chocolate fudge frosting (Makes about 3 cups)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- grated chocolate, chocolate curls
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour 3 (9-inch) square or round cake pans. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add mik, coffee, oil, and eggs. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- 2Pour evenly into prepared pans and bake for 23 to 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes, Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.
- 3Using a serrated knife, cut cake layers in half horizontally to make 6 layers. Place 1 layer, cut side up, on a cake plate, spread with one-fifth of Dreamy Chocolate Mousse. Repeat procedure with remaining cake layers and mousse. Freeze cake for 1 hour. Spread Chocolate Fudge Frosting evenly over top and sides of cake. Garnish sides of cake with grated chocolate. Garnish top of cake with chocolate curls if desired.
- 5In a small bowl, soften gelatin in 3 tablespoons cold water. Let stand for 2 minutes. Add boiling water, stirring until gelatin dissolves; set aside.
- 6In a small bowl, combine sugar and cocoa powder.
- 7In a medium bowl, beat cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until foamy. Gradually add sugar mixture, beating until stiff peaks form. Stir in gelatin mixture. Cover and chill for 4 hours.
- 8Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- 9In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and cream. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer for 6 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; add chocolate and butter, stirring until melted and smooth. Let cool for 10 minutes. Whisk in confectioner's sugar. Let mixture cool until it reaches a spreadable consistency.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 6 Layer Dreamy Chocolate Mousse Cake- Paula Deen
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 719.0
- Calories from Fat 416
- Total Fat 46.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.5 g
- Cholesterol 125.9 mg
- Sodium 260.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 57.5 g
- Protein 7.0 g