Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
This makes a great gift! Adapted from All Star Holiday Gifts on the Food Network by Tyler Florence, you'll love this! This is really rich, so you may want to cut back a little on the cocoa mix or just add 1/2 cup more water to the cup.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Take the bittersweet chocolate and roughly chop it up to give a chunky but consistent size.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon and then store in a dry airtight container.
- To make the hot chocolate, simply add 1 cup of water per 1/2 cup of hot cocoa mix.
- Heat in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring with a whisk.
- Heat until hot, but do not boil, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Serve with marshmallows.
In trying to use up some powd. milk I came across this recipe. We all loved it, although I made mine with milk to make it thicker. It is also good without the bittersweet bits, and less of the cinnamon.
Great little breakfast getter-upper! Warms you right up, and the taste is fabulous! *Zaar Star Tag January 08*
I'm sorry, but this is just too rich, too sweet and yet, at the same time, too watery. Its like a "death by chocolate" dessert made liquid -- only thin rather than creamy. We had to take the batch and dilute it to 8 servings with hot milk. I enjoyed it that way, but others didn't. I'd say that this one is only for those who know they like the rich, ultra-sweet, ultimate-dark chocolates. And even then I'd suggest a tablespoon or two of half and half in each cup.