Recipe by Sharon123
This makes a great gift! Adapted from All Star Holiday Gifts on the Food Network by Tyler Florence, you'll love this! This is really rich, so you may want to cut back a little on the cocoa mix or just add 1/2 cup more water to the cup.
Top Review by recoverinpickyeater
In trying to use up some powd. milk I came across this recipe. We all loved it, although I made mine with milk to make it thicker. It is also good without the bittersweet bits, and less of the cinnamon.
- 3⁄4 cup powdered milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- marshmallows (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Take the bittersweet chocolate and roughly chop it up to give a chunky but consistent size.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon and then store in a dry airtight container.
- To make the hot chocolate, simply add 1 cup of water per 1/2 cup of hot cocoa mix.
- Heat in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring with a whisk.
- Heat until hot, but do not boil, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Serve with marshmallows.