Recipe by ~Leslie~
This is a fast and easy recipe that will fool everyone into thinking you have spent a long time in the kitchen! From the Kraft What's Cooking Book. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by Pam-I-Am
This is definitely a 5 minute recipe. I would give it 5 stars for being fast and easy. However, I thought this satay was pretty heavy on the peanut butter and a little bland in spices. I think next time I would cut the pb by half and increase the soy sauce. I also like a little heat in my satay so I sprinkled some red pepper flakes on it. Thanks for sharing this Kraft recipe Sarahsmom. I like their magazines!
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat catalina dressing or 1⁄3 cup low-fat russian dressing
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- dried chili powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thread shrimp onto skewers.
- Mix peanut butter, salad dressing until smooth.
- Stir in water and soy sauce.
- Brush 1/2 of sauce on shrimp.
- Grill or broil for about 3-5 minutes or until shrimp becomes opaque.
- Serve with remaining sauce for dipping.
- NOTE: If using wooden skewers be sure to soak for 1 hour beforehand.