Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
What could be better - chocolate cake in 5 minutes
Make and share this 5 Minute Chocolate Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons cake flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Mix in a microwave safe cup.
- Mix flour, sugar and cocoa.
- Spoon in 1 egg.
- Pour in milk, oil, and pure vanilla extract, and mix well.
- Put in microwave for 3 minutes on maximum power (1000watt).
- Wait until it stops rising and sets in the mug.
- Tip contents out of mug onto saucer and enjoy!
I'd use a really large mug, or a deep bowl would be even better. It turns out to have a spongy consistency. I loved it, but my husband didn't care for it. Great for a quick chocolate cake fix!
Sorry, but this was way too bland. I love the idea of a quick cake. but this needs a big flavor boost
Good recipe. Quick and Chocolately; a perfect match. It was a little too dense though...that pudding consistency another reviewer mentioned. I will decrease a third of the oil next time, and add a pinch of salt. This time around I didn't have any whole eggs so I used egg whites. I also used regular all purpose flour instead of cake flour. And a tbsp less of sugar. I also added chocolate chips! A little butter frosting on top and its perfect. Next time I'll try whip cream or ice cream.