Another tried and true. I have been making this one since I tried at a dinner party. Great when you want to bring something a little different.
- Mix cream cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Spread mixture on bottom of 9-inch pie plate or quiche dish.
- Layer pesto, pimientos, mozzarella cheese and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese over cream cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve with crackers or sliced Italian bread.
Wonderful! Since we're not huge fans of pimientos, I substituted with sliced sun dried tomatoes! I also added some extra mozzarella cheese to the top (maybe 1/3 cup) and a sprinkle of dried Italian seasoning. Was melt in your mouth good! Making again for company this weekend!
Yummy! I made a mountain of pesto this past summer and thought New Years Eve was a great time to use some of what I had frozen. This recipe was the perfect application! I used Neufchatel and a mix of pecorino romano and parm as I didn't have enough parm. I didn't use quite the full amount of pimentos, just what looked good. Served with lightly toasted multi-grain baguette slices. Everyone at the party kept commenting on how tasty it was (which was true!) Thanks for sharing!
Wonderful! Very easy to prepare and had great flavor. This was much enjoyed. Thanks for sharing!