Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are so wonderful, and worth every bit of the extra effort. This recipe is from an old Gourmet magazine, I think - my copy is so old and yellowed from use, I can barely read it any more. These are almost like candy, but more sophisticated!
- Line two cookie sheets with foil, set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Place the unsweetened and semisweet chocolate and butter in top of double boiler; cover for a few minutes until chocolate begins to melt; uncover and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sugar, vanilla, water, egg; stir until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients; stir until incorporated.
- Mix in chocolate bits.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto foil, about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Top each cookie with a nut half.
- Bake at 350 for 12-13 minutes.
- Slide foil off baking sheets, letting cookies stand on foil for a few minutes before removing them.
- Finish cooling on racks.