Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I wish I had found this recipe before I gave up eating wheat! DH and kids were happy though. 2 TABLESPOONS of yeast is not a mistake. The recipe (from Real Mom Kitchen) said bake for 10 minutes; mine took 17 .
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons very warm water
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place water, yeast, oil, and sugar in mixer bowl. Stir to mix. Let sit 15 minutes.
- Add salt, egg, and 2 c flour. Mix well.
- Add rest of flour and mix with dough hook. If it's too soft, add some more flour.
- Form into 12 balls and place in greased 9x13 pan.
- Let rest 10 minutes.
- Bake at 400 degrees until tops are brown, about 15 minutes.