Recipe by oriana
For a quick and easy lemon meringue pie
Top Review by Marlene.
This was a good change from my normal lemon meringue pie , I used a graham cracker crust (I'm in the US and can't get the arrowroot biscuits). The only change I really made was I doubled up on the meringue because I love meringue. ;) Very smooth creamy filling , not too sweet, not too tart , and FAST to put together!!! Thanks for posting!!
- 18 milk arrowroot biscuits, crushed
- 3 ounces melted butter
- 1 (400 g) can condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon, rind of, finely grated
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine biscuits and butter.
- Press into a foil lined 8" pie plate.
- combine condensed milk, lemon juice, rind, and egg yolks.
- place in crumb crust.
- beat egg whites until stiff.
- gradually add the sugar.
- beat until sugar has dissolved.
- spoon or pipe meringue over the lemon filling.
- bake in a moderate oven (350F-375F) for 15 minutes or til golden.