Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Strawberry jello red, rhubarb green and the pineapple yellow = a pretty jar of marmalade. A jar of this makes a nice little gift.
- 5 cups sliced rhubarb
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- Mix rhubarb, pineapple and sugar in a large pan.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Stir and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add one small package of strawberry jello.
- Stir well.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars and seal.
- Or pour in clean sterilized jars, seal and refrigerate.
- Or cool completely.
- Pour in 1 quart zip lock bags and freeze.
Quick, simple and the option is there is try other jello flavors for variation.