Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
A moist bran muffin, the mixture for which can be stored, in an airtight container, in the refrigerator for up to 30 days. Great when in a hurry to microwave 6 muffins in 4 minutes.
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence (optional)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 2 cups digestive natural bran
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- Whisk the oil, eggs, sugar, vanilla essence and milk together.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Allow to stand overnight in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Spoon into well greased muffin tins and bake at 180°C (350°F for 10-15 minutes.
- OR microwave in a 6 muffin ring for 3.1/2 minutes on medium and 30 seconds on high.
- STIR WELL EACH TIME BEFORE USING.
I cannot rate something that I have not yet baked, but by looking at the ingredients, it looks like an old recipe I used to have that was really great.