Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
This recipe is very quick, easy and healthy! Substitutions can be made for the chicken to appease any taste: beef, pork, shrimp, or portabello mushrooms. The spices are also available in a seasoning packet or marinade at most grocery stores.
- 3 teaspoons cooking oil (any type)
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen peppers and onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 tablespoons salsa
- HEAT 2 teaspoons of cooking oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion & peppers mix and spices to the skillet; saute 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove mixture from skillet.
- HEAT 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat in same skillet. Add chicken; cook, stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until chicken is done. Return vegetable mixture to skillet. Stir in lime juice; cook until chicken mixture is thoroughly heated. Heat tortillas according to package directions.
- PLACE 1 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; sprinkle each portion with 1 tablespoon each of cheese, sour cream, and salsa. Roll up and enjoy.
- *SPECIAL NOTE: Frozen mix can be substituted with 2 cups sliced green bell peppers and 2 cups sliced onion.