Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my husband's grandmother's recipe. It is for the liquid you pour over the beets when you can them in jars. I have not tried to freeze them.
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Mix ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over cooked sliced beets in pint jars.
- Process jars per appropriate canning method. I use the water bath method and process for 30 minutes (for our elevation).