Recipe by YummySmellsca
Peanuts, soybeans and kidney beans get to play in this unique spin on your favourite spread. Add salt and/or sugar to taste (or if you're feeling REALLY decadent, use melted butter for the oil!). Makes 13 two-tablespoon servings.
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted soybeans
- 1 2⁄3 tablespoons uncooked kidney beans, soaked and roasted (see Soynuts for a guide)
- 11 ounces raw peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- water, as needed
- salt, and sugar as desired
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor or blender, combine the roasted soybeans, roasted kidey beans and enough boiling water to cover. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Turn the processor on and run until they are finely chopped, then add peanuts and process until the mixture forms a doughy mass.
- Stream in oil, followed by as much water as you need to get a spreadable consistency.
- Finally, add the flavourings you desire and puree inches.