Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this 3-In-1 Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups any combination of shredded carrots (use all carrots or all zucchini or half of each) or 1 1⁄2 cups shredded zucchini (use all carrots or all zucchini or half of each)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- Sift together flours, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl whisk together egg whites, sugar, oil, and vanilla.
- Mix in dry ingredients until combined.
- Stir in zucchini and raisins spoon mix into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Makes 1 dozen.
Not bad for a healthy muffin!!! In effort to make it as good-for-you as possible, I used all whole wheat flour. I decreased the amount of granulated sugar and added a pinch of brown sugar. I also added a little bit of nutmeg for extra flavor. Used a combo of carrots and zucchini and threw in a few raisis. The muffins didnt rise very much, but they are incredibly moist. Very delicious!!!