Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
I combined the flours and this made delicious mini breads
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mahleb
- Combine sugar and warm water and then add dry yeast.
- Combine flours, salt in a big bowl.
- After the yeast has risen, about 10-15 minutes later, mix it with flours and also add olive oil.
- Let the dough rise twice.
- Divide the dough into 4 mini bread pieces and bake in a 400F oven.
A big beautiful loaf of bread. We just didn't care for the taste. That's a subjective thing so I won't give a rating. Interesting recipe though, housewife. Thanks for posting....Janet