Prep 6 mins
Cook 9 mins
Tortellini ai Tre Formaggi con Peperoni Rossi Arrosto, Zucchini e Spinaci. This dish is easy to prepare, is healthy(?) and it looks very pretty! Barilla web site. Serve with white wine.
- 13 ounces barilla cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 cups zucchini, diced
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, thinly sliced
- 9 ounces fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 cup fresh tomato, diced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- salt, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- some cherry tomatoes (to garnish)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cook Tortellini according to directions on package.
- While Tortellini cooks:.
- Sauté onion in oil for 5 minutes in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add zucchini and pepper, cook for 3 minutes.
- Season with salt & crushed red pepper, if desired.
- Add red peppers and baby spinach and sauté for 1 additional minute.
- Drain Tortellini and mix with sauce in skillet.
- Stir in tomatoes and serve
- Parmesan cheese for serving, if desired.
Very nice recipe. We enjoyed all the fresh vegetables with the pasta. I found that the mixture didn't really become a sauce for me but, nevertheless it was still a good mixture. If you want it more saucy you could add tomato &/or cream cheese or yogurt to the vegy mixture. I cut the recipe in 1/2 & found it was plenty for 4 side-dishes. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
This was absolutely delicious. I used frozen tortellini (wasn't sure from recipe if I was supposed to but it was all I could find) and it was fine. I only used 1 T olive oil as I don't like a really strong olive oil flavor, and IMHO 1 T was just right. Otherwise made as written with a few mushrooms near their end thrown in with. Thank you so much for posting this healthful, GORGEOUS recipe! It is a keeper for sure! Also--if you are tempted to add garlic to this, don't. In Rome I had a lot of amazing dishes that used salt and olive oil for flavor instead of garlic, and this tasted lots like those. It is a different approach to Italian cooking than most of us are used to, but it is sooooo yummy!