Recipe by Manami
Tortellini ai Tre Formaggi con Peperoni Rossi Arrosto, Zucchini e Spinaci. This dish is easy to prepare, is healthy(?) and it looks very pretty! Barilla web site. Serve with white wine.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Very nice recipe. We enjoyed all the fresh vegetables with the pasta. I found that the mixture didn't really become a sauce for me but, nevertheless it was still a good mixture. If you want it more saucy you could add tomato &/or cream cheese or yogurt to the vegy mixture. I cut the recipe in 1/2 & found it was plenty for 4 side-dishes. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
- 13 ounces barilla cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 cups zucchini, diced
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, thinly sliced
- 9 ounces fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 cup fresh tomato, diced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- salt, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- some cherry tomatoes (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cook Tortellini according to directions on package.
- While Tortellini cooks:.
- Sauté onion in oil for 5 minutes in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add zucchini and pepper, cook for 3 minutes.
- Season with salt & crushed red pepper, if desired.
- Add red peppers and baby spinach and sauté for 1 additional minute.
- Drain Tortellini and mix with sauce in skillet.
- Stir in tomatoes and serve
- Parmesan cheese for serving, if desired.