Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Tweeked from Taste of Home Backyard Grilling cook book.
- 6 large potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon chives, minced
- 1 -2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- Grease 2 1/2 qt casserole, layer 1/2 potatoes, 1/2 onions and 1/2 bacon. Sprinkle with 1 Tbl flour and 1/2 salt and pepper. Then sprinkle 1/2 of each cheese on top.
- Repeat layers, ending with cheese on top. Sprinkle chives on top and pour on 1 cup milk.
- Cover casserole dish and bake at 375 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
Sinfully delicious! You just cannot go wrong with cheese and bacon. Keeper for sure. :)
This recipe is so yummy! I quarted it as there is only two of us eating it. I used one extra large red potatoes which I left the skin on. I covered it with aluminum foil and the only problem was it made a baked on mess of my baking dish. That may not happen if it has a real lid, and it could be totally avoided in an aluminum foil pan. We just loved the flavor and the potatoes were done to perfection. Made for Spring 2014 PAC.