Top Review by ladypit
This was really excellent. It would be a good one to serve to someone into who's diet you are trying to get more fruit, but who "doesn't like smoothies." Something about adding the jam I think is what takes away the somewhat traditional "frozen fruit" taste. I scaled it to 1 serving and used a frozen berry blend. (Which had blackberries and rasberries in it so added seeds but I don't mind.) I also used strawberry all-fruit spread instead of regular jam to cut down on the sugar and the calories. I didn't find that it needed any more milk. Actually I was surprised at how easily it all blended. I was worried it would be too thick but it was not. Nice dessert drink.
- 2 cups frozen strawberries, unsweetened
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry jam
- 1⁄4 cup blueberries, frozen -- unsweetened
- 2 ounces lowfat neufchatel cheese, cut up
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the frozen strawberries, milk, raspberry jam, frozen blueberries, and neufchatel cheese in blender container.
- Cover and blend until smooth.
- If necessary, add more milk to make mixture the desired consistency.
- Pour into 4 glasses.
- If desired, garnish with fresh strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries, Serve immediately.