Prep 2 mins
Cook 4 mins
A simple yet wonderful summertime treat that is much more flavorful than plain old regular Jell-O. Definitely company worthy. We have made this many times using different flavors of Jell-O, and Berry and Grape work the absolute best. Time does not include 4 hours chill time.
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes berry gelatin (or grape flavor)
- 2 cups water, boiling
- 1 (15 ounce) can blueberries in light syrup
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- Completely dissolve gelatin in boiling water by gently stirring for 3-4 minutes. Let cool to room temperature. Stir in blueberries and crushed pineapple (juice and all).
- Pour into a bundt pan (or other mold or just use a bowl) sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Refrigerate for 4 hours or longer to congeal.
- To loosen ring from mold, place mold in larger bowl of hot water for a few seconds, then remove by placing the serving platter on top, and flip over.
This is a very nice, refreshing and light dessert for a hot summer evening. Instead of canned blueberries in syrup I used a combination of frozen blueberries and fresh strawberries and raspberries from my garden. Made for PRMR Tag.
Made this with the grape gelatin but used thawed frozen blueberries instead of the canned ones, so didn't have the berry syrup to include! Not sure what difference that made, but I do know that I had a very tasty & presentable 'jello' dessert that was a hit! And, since I've always liked jello (I know, it's like every cola drink is a coke!), this recipe is a keeper in my kitchen! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
We liked this... I used grape jelly (jello) and followed the directions exactly, but the result was rather too sweet for us. Even sweet tooth DD tried it, liked it but wouldn't eat more than a couple of spoonfuls. I have no idea if grape jelly comes in a sugar free version ? if so I would like to try this again with that, if not I would like to try again with a different (sugar free) flavour. I think that maybe the sweetness of the syrup that the blueberries come in and the jelly combined are what makes this so very sweet ??? I would therefore increase the amount of pineapple in this, because that was liked a LOT as the "balance" in this. Please see my Rating System: 3 stars at the moment for a very interesting combination of flavours that DO go well together, but where the over sweetness was a factor that couldn't be ignored. I would like to tweek this a little in the future to see if I can find a ratio of these that suits us better, and to see if a sugar free version of the jello could solve this. If so, I will update my review. Great to have tried this though.. Thanks!