Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Spicy-sweet chicken that melts in your mouth. I have included both pressure cooker and traditional cooking instructions.
- 8 -12 skinless chicken drumsticks
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 3⁄4 cup beer, stonger flavored beer is better
- 3 garlic cloves, whole and unpeeled
Step two (glaze)
- 2 tablespoons beer, same as whatever you used in step 1
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons spicy Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove, leftover from step one-mashed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon maggi seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce (or to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Preheat oven to 450 Degrees Farenheit
- Step one, Pressure cooking instructions: Season chicken with spices listed in step one ingredients, and heat pressure cooker over medium high heat. Add oil and brown chicken well on all sides. When chicken is thoroughly brown, add in garlic cloves and beer, and latch on pressure cooker lid. Bring cooker up to high pressure and cook for 5 minutes, and after time is up allow a natural release. Remove chicken from the cooker and discard cooking liquid. Reserve one of the cooked cloves of garlic.
- Step One, Traditional Cooking instructions: Season chicken with spices listed in step one ingredients, and heat a heavy skillet or dutch oven with a tight fitting lid over medium high heat. Add oil and brown chicken well on all sides. When the chicken is thoroughly brown, add in garlic cloves and beer, put the lid on your cooking vessel and braise over medium to medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken, discard cooking liquid, and reserve one clove of garlic.
- Step two:.
- Whisk together ingredients until you have a thin glaze.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place cooked chicken on it. Generously mop the chicken with the glaze.
- Bake on the bottom rack for 7-10 minutes. Add another coating of glaze and return to the oven for 3-5 minutes or until chicken until glaze is thickened and sticky.
- Enjoy either hot or cold.